About Me

I have discovered this strong, serene prayer in a moment of need, when someone close to me was diagnosed with cancer. I simply went on the internet and search for "prayers for cancer" and eventually I discovered the Akathist to the Mother of God, Pantanassa, Healer of Cancer. To me and my family is has been a comfort, an inspiration, a source of light, faith, neverending hope, patience, strength and sweetness. Both my family member and I have read this prayer during the chemo sessions and afterwards..and it made me (I can only speak for myself) hopeful and more calm. We were in the hands of God and we could only pray to Him for help and deliverance. I want to share this with others who may not know of its existance. On this blog, I've put the prayer and the sources of information on where it originated and where the Ikon of the Mother of God Pantanassa, Queen-of- All, is (Greece).

Monday, May 14, 2007

Purpose of this blog

...

No comments: